- ASP.NET MVC/Core
- .NET Core and frameworks
- TDD: XUnit, NUnit
- IoC, Service buses (SNS, Rabbit)
- SQL Server, Redis, DynamoDB
- AWS, VMWare, Google Cloud
- HTML 5
- VueJS, React, CSS, LESS/SASS
- Kubernetes, AWS ECS
- Appveyor, Travis, Gitlab
April 2017 — Current
March 2015 — February 2017
Senior Managing Developer
July 2013 — March 2015
July 2012 — July 2013
Whilst at Totaljobs Group I have achieved the following:
- Worked in several roles in the organisation: Managing developer, Principal developer and currently Senior developer.
- In conjunction with the Packt work, my current specialism is .NET Core and ASP.NET Core with Docker, and automation of the build process.
- Current project is Docker/.NET Core based inside AWS ECS serving up to 80,000 requests per minute, including SNS/SQS event based system for managing various job-based events.
- As well as C# (backend) work we have are responsible for the devops work, we own the releases and monitoring and are pushing towards CD.
- The company is mostly AWS, and we manage all our AWS resources via Terraform, with additional Bash and Powershell for orchestration.
- I am one of the main contributors to the www.github.com/totaljobsgroup organisation, open sourcing parts of our code base to encourage open collaboration, most notably the Syringe project.
- Strong advocate for clean code and good, simple technical documentation in our Github Enterprise projects - I converted all our existing documentation to Markdown and then onto Github Enterprise and push for living (but minimal) documentation on all projects.
- I've worked on most of the Totaljobs tech stack over the years noteably: an email service that sends millions of emails daily, content service for site wide HTML/CSS/JS and a Salesforce based order fulfillment service.
January 2011 — July 2012
January 2008 — July 2011
January 2004 — January 2007
January 2002 — January 2004
Open University January 2007 — January 2010
UWE Bristol January 1998 — January 2001
Media and Cultural studies
Awarded July 2016
Voted for by the department, this award recognises achievements by employees for the entire Stepstone set of companies.