Posted on Wednesday December 8, 2010
Installing the Spruce alpha
The installation of (the current version of Spruce when this post was written) is very straightforward:
- You need TFS 2010, it won’t work with 2008. Install .NET 4 and register it for IIS.
- Create a new Application Pool on your TFS IIS server, give it Network Service as the owner
- Create a new application in your TFS website under /TFS/. It must be under this path for the windows authentication to work
- Assign the application pool to this application
- Point it to the place you’ve put your spruce directory
- Edit the web.config in spruce to change the DefaultProjectName to the project you want to appear by default for every user.
Future versions will have a proper per-user configuration for projects, currently it’s session based only.